Dismiss Notice
Welcome to
Pinewood Derby Online, a forum for questions and discussions about everyone's favorite gravity powered racers!
CLICK HERE to register as a member today for full access to the forum, it's fast, simple, and absolutely free!

1950 through 60s oldies race

Discussion in 'General Pinewood Derby Discussion' started by Charles Studer, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Charles Studer

Charles Studer Workshop Leader Pro Racer

Looking for individuals and teams to participate in an oldies race. You know like the original derby races. Old school style. Dont know the rules format yet but would love to get input to get something rolling. Open to everyone kind of thing....for racers and families alike....maybe two classes. True original and a ultimate version oldie....who knows. If you are interested throw in your ideas. Rules, concepts, venues (maybe with enough intrest a league venue may even host this special event) Dont be shy I need at least one response from ever member and guests as well. The original rules are online get started tonight for the classic car.

2. Charles Studer

Here is my 53.....

Attached Files:

3. Darkside

Darkside District Champion

I like the idea Chuck... I like an old school build too. Just not sure how you could regulate it.

Perhaps you could have a volume requirement for the body. Like the body has to be able to contain an imaginary block that is 1"x 1"x 1.75"... Or something like that to keep the cars from getting too thin...

Anyway.... Interesting idea man.

Charles Studer likes this.
  4. Charles Studer

Yep that the point is to get us where we can set up rules and regulations or maybe just run it like a scout race....very basic rules.... original style wheels, no restriction on size min. But must have front and rear Axle "board" mounts, max max length 7 1/2" I believe it was, minimum axle dia. .096.... something like that...dunno. Maybe once the big dogs start to chime in it will become more clear

5. Charles Studer

Oh yah, fun race bragging rights with a speed win and a best of show. That's it. And of course the original block sizing as a starting point