Dismiss Notice
Welcome to
Pinewood Derby Online, a forum for questions and discussions about everyone's favorite gravity powered racers!
CLICK HERE to register as a member today for full access to the forum, it's fast, simple, and absolutely free!

Billy’s Red Neck They Run Best Just Before They Blow Theory

Discussion in 'General Pinewood Derby Discussion' started by ratrodsrule1, Mar 21, 2020.

1. ratrodsrule1

ratrodsrule1 Council Champion

At Mobile International Speedway when an engine blows they call it an oil pan failure. In this case seeming having a PWD Car dialed in disaster has reared its ugly head with a tiny split in an unfortunate location. Billy can open the split about 1/16th or more with no problem. Any super duper Huck Em Puck available with a thin needle applicator ?

Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
  2. Jupiter 2.9

Jupiter 2.9 Pinewood Ninja Pro Racer

This is when you can use your syringe idea.
    Drop the CA glue down in that, then fill the crack, spread the overflow around the infected area.
    Or West Systems expoxy offers syringes for injecting into rotted wood.
    You could mix up some 5 minute epoxy, but its thicker than tha CA glue.

Or build another one " you need a spare".
    Every build gets better.

Good luck with it

ratrodsrule1 likes this.
  3. ratrodsrule1

Thanks J29....been wanting to try the hypodermic needle I’m torn between the ca and epoxy. In your opinion you think the ca would be easier to find all the little hidden unseen crevices due to it’s water thin consistency ? I think the expound may be stronger but concerned about it not reaching those tiny hidden spot. I found this product, let me know what you think. Thanks RRR
    Well I can’t copy and paste for some morning. Google Starbond ca super glue and look for the one that comywith micro applicators. Let me know what you think when you have time please Sir...Thanks

4. Jupiter 2.9

Jupiter 2.9 Pinewood Ninja Pro Racer

B_Regal had a better explanation.

When you fix a car that cracks you will always be on edge
    & you know it's going to blow on the back stretch. Do you really want to put you Grand child in that situation. lol

ratrodsrule1 likes this.
  5. ratrodsrule1

I know what you mean. I’ve thought about that. It disappointing because its hard for me now and I had many full days in it non stop in it.Sometimes you get lucky and have one reall dialed in. and it was smoking. A shame but i think it’s fixable.