Dismiss Notice
Welcome to
Pinewood Derby Online, a forum for questions and discussions about everyone's favorite gravity powered racers!
CLICK HERE to register as a member today for full access to the forum, it's fast, simple, and absolutely free!

Not A Troublemaker But A Stickler For The Rules

Discussion in 'General Pinewood Derby Discussion' started by ratrodsrule1, Jun 23, 2020.

1. ratrodsrule1

ratrodsrule1 National Contender

Give me a set of rules I’ll follow them and build accordingly, race within them and accept its penalties or rewards. The worst thing any event organizer can do is change rules mid stream. If a mistake was made in planning early on so be it. Learn from it and implement the solution next series. Once you set a precedent you’re expected to make exceptions on any other issue that may may occur. This has trouble written all over it from an organizers perspective. Just my 2 Abe Lincoln’s.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
  2. DerbyDad4Hire

DerbyDad4Hire Administrator Staff Member 25+ Pro Race Wins! National Champion

Your cars were actually a key reason why I changed. You had one really fast car and then 2 that were way down the list. What if you would have been kicked into PRO. Are you ready for that or would you have dropped off. I have always been about building fast racers and helping people get better. I have run league races longer than anybody at this point. I appreciate your opinion but sometimes you have to make a change immediately.