Dismiss Notice
Welcome to
Pinewood Derby Online, a forum for questions and discussions about everyone's favorite gravity powered racers!
CLICK HERE to register as a member today for full access to the forum, it's fast, simple, and absolutely free!

Help with rules and how much I can do.

Discussion in 'Building tips' started by Scott Haynes, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Reecedad

Reecedad League Racer

When is the race? I haven’t touched my cars since the npwdrl finals

Charles Studer likes this.
  2. Charles Studer

Charles Studer League Racer Pro Racer

Eagle Mountain Ut.....just ad a drop buddy and ship. Mine are still sealed in the shipping box.

Reecedad likes this.
  3. Kindintentions

Kindintentions Lurking

Getting back on the original question, our rules are similar regarding the axle slots stating "The built-in axle slots in the block must be used and cannot be modified." However, don't you modify the axle slots the moment you put the axles in them. My thought was to just sand/shave down the bottom of the block and use a jig to drill canted holes above the slots (same wheelbase, just higher up on the block) before cutting the block to the shape of the car. If needed I can deepen the slots to my canted holes.

4. Loud2ns

Loud2ns District Champion

Not sure how you can justify drilling holes in your block and then deepening the slots according to your rules. That's a modification. Would it be something they could prove? Probably not. Does that make it right? No

5. TRE

TRE PWD Royalty Pro Race Winner Pro Racer

Flip the block over drill your holes then cut the slots back in...you can drill right into the slots but the drill will not be that good...maybe good enough to win scout race if you prep and tuning is good